All About Daily Atlanta News

Lingering Water Damage Not Properly Restored Increases Risk for Mold Damage

Mar 8

Lingering water damage not properly restored can increase the risk for mold damage. Mold is a serious issue that can cause health problems in people who are exposed to it. If you have water damage in your home, it is important to take action to restore the damage and prevent mold from growing.

If you do not take care of water damage quickly, it can lead to black mold growth. Black mold is a serious health hazard and can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and other health issues. It is important to take immediate action to get rid of any water damage and prevent black mold from growing.

Black Mold Can Grow On Almost All Porous Surfaces including Concrete, Drywall, Wood

If you have water damage in your home, be sure to get professional help to restore the damage. Professional restoration services will have the experience and equipment to properly restore your home and prevent mold damage. They will also be able to advise you on how to keep your home water-free in the future to avoid water damage and mold problems.

Ensuring Your Home or Business is Properly Repaired Can Prevent Mold From Growing

Moisture problems are often undetected and invisible to the naked eye. The ability for water to saturate porous surfaces can create long-term problems if exposed to moisture over a longer period of time. Lingering water damage not properly restored increases the potential for mold growth.

Mold spores are everywhere and thrive in moist environments. Black mold is a serious health hazard and should be taken care of as soon as possible if you think you have an infestation. For more information on black mold or water damage, please contact a professional restoration company in your area.

Black Mold Poses Large Health Risks and Respiratory Issues

The major reason why mold is so concerning for property owners is the danger it poses to health. Mold spores can cause asthma, headaches and long-term health risks that can linger for months and years.

You Can Purchase Mold Testing Kits and Lowes and Home Depot Sell

If you are suspicious that water damage has led to a mold problem in your home, you can purchase a mold testing kit. Lowes and Home Depot sell sampling swabs so you can collect a sample for testing. Mold is a serious health hazard and should be taken care of as soon as possible if you think you have an infestation.