What are the benefits of duct cleaning?
The air ducts in your home provide a very important function. They circulate the air from your heating and cooling system into and out of each room, which allows for consistent interior comfort regardless of the season.
In fact, all of the air in your home circulates through the ducts multiple times a day. The air cycling through your ducts is the same air that completely fills your living environment…and it is the same air that you and your family breathe. As such, you want this air to be as clean as possible.
Air Duct Cleaning refers to the removal of dust and contaminants within the ductwork. This includes the supply and returns air ducts as well as the registers and diffusers in each room. Powerful vacuums whisk away all dust and debris, preventing it from re-circulating throughout the home.
There are many benefits to having your air ducts professionally cleaned, the top five of which are listed below:
- Creates a Cleaner Living Environment
- Having your air ducts professionally cleaned reduces the dust that would otherwise circulate throughout your living space, landing on your furniture, your bedding, your flooring…just about everywhere. Fortunately, a thorough air duct cleaning reduces the amount of interior cleaning and dusting necessary to maintain a hygienic home.
- Reduces Allergens and Irritants
- In addition to dust, air ducts frequently contain harmful contaminants and micro-organisms. These include pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores, and similar toxins. People who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems are particularly sensitive to these airborne particles. A periodic air duct cleaning promotes healthier living…otherwise, the dirty air in your home just keeps re-circulating over and over.
- Helps Everyone Breathe Easier
- Even if no one in your household suffers from chronic allergies or respiratory problems, cleaner air makes it easier for everyone to breathe. Even among the most healthy, dust and pollutants entering the nose and lungs can trigger sneezing and coughing, as well as sinus and bronchial congestion. Air duct cleaning creates a more comfortable environment and promotes well-being. Given the choice between clean air and dirty air, which would you rather breathe?
- Removes Unpleasant Smells and Odors
- Pets, household cleaning agents, paint fumes, mold, tobacco use, and even food preparation all contribute to stale smells in the air ducts. Every time the furnace or air conditioner is running, these odors will repeatedly flow through the house. Even an accumulation of dust and dirt over the years can lead to a musty scent coming from the ductwork. Detailed cleaning of the air ducts removes all odor trapping particles, resulting in a fresher smelling home.
- Improves Air Flow Efficiency
- Ductwork and registers that have a heavy build-up of dust and grime can restrict the flow of air from the furnace and air conditioner. This means your system will have to work harder to heat or cool your home, resulting in a decreased level of efficiency. Conversely, a clean system will operate at peak efficiency and provide the most cost-effective performance for your energy dollar.
To learn more about the many benefits of Air Duct Cleaning, contact Duct Cleaning Phoenix. Our exclusive cleaning process incorporates the most powerful air duct vacuum in the country. It will leave your ducts cleaner than you ever imagined. We'll even show you the before and after images to prove it!
Duct Cleaning Phoenix